Download the article in PDF to read it.
- Chazkel, A. (2011). Laws of chance: Brazil’s clandestine lottery and the making of urban public life. Duke University Press.
- Fabian, A. (1999). Card sharps and bucket shops: Gambling in nineteenth-century America. Cornell University Press.
- Harris, L. (2016). Sex workers, psychics, and numbers runners: Black women in New York City’s underground economy. University of Illinois Press.
- Kavanagh T. M. (2005). Dice, cards, wheels: A different history of French culture. University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Reith, G. (1999). The age of chance: Gambling in Western culture. Routledge.