Download the article in PDF to read it.
- Gwande, A. Personal Best: top athletes and singers have coaches. Should you? New Yorker, 2011. October 3. Available at https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/10/03/personal-best [Accessed on Nov 8, 2022].
- Loyola S. Evidence-based teaching guidelines: transforming knowledge into practice for better outcomes in healthcare. Crit Care Nurs Q. 2010;33(1):19–32. https://doi.org/10.1097/CNQ.0b013e3181c8e309.
- Bandiera G, Kuper A, Mylopoulos M, et al. Back from basics: integration of science and practice in medical education. Med Edu. 2017;52(1):78–85. https://doi.org/10.1111/ medu.13386.
- Riley BA, Riley G. Innovation in graduate medical education – using a competency based medical education curriculum. Int J Osteopath Med. 2017;23:36–41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijosm.2016.07.001.
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education. Function and structure of a medical school: standards for accreditation of a medical education programs leading to the MD Degree. https://med.virginia.edu/ume-curriculum/wp-content/uploads/sites/216/2016/07/2017-18_Functions-and- Structure_2016-03-24.pdf. [Accessed on Nov 8, 2022].
- Hammer D, Piascik P, Medina M, et al. Recognition of teaching excellence. Am J Pharm Edu. 2010;74(9):164. https://doi.org/10.5688/aj7409164
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing. About AACN. https://www. aacnnursing.org/.
- D’Eon, M, Page R, Reilly M. Education decision making at medical schools: there must be a better way. Can Med Ed J. 2021 Dec;12(6):1. https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.74331
- D’Eon M, Overgaard V, Harding SR. Teaching as a social practice: implications for faculty development. Adv Health Sci Educ 2000; 5(2)151–162. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009898031033
- Steinert Y, Mann K, Anderson B, et al. A systematic review of faculty development initiatives designed to enhance teaching effectiveness: a 10-year update: BEME Guide No. 40. Med teach. 2016 Aug 2;38(8):769-86. https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159X.2016.1181851
- Hartford W, Nimmon L, Stenfors T. Frontline learning of medical teaching: “you pick up as you go through work and practice.” BMC Med Edu. 2017;17(1):1–0. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-017-1011-3
- MacDougall J, Drummond MJ. The development of medical teachers: an enquiry into the learning histories of 10 experienced medical teachers. Med Edu. 2005;39(12):1213–20. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2929.2005.02335.x
- Landreville J, Cheung W, Frank J, Richardson D. A definition for coaching in medical education. Can Med Ed J. 2019 Nov;10(4):e109. https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.68713
- Rogers, J. Coaching skills: a handbook. Taking stock: The learning client. Open University Press, 2012;103-108.
- Kraft MA, Blazar D, Hogan D. The effect of teacher coaching on instruction and achievement: a meta-analysis of the causal evidence. Rev Educ Res. 2018;88(4), 547-588. https://doi.org/10.3102/0034654318759268
- Senge PM. The fifth discipline: the art and practice of the learning organization. Broadway Business; 1990.
- Valerie Sabater. Chris Argyris’s Ladder of Inference. Last updated Nov 2021. https://exploringyourmind.com/chris-argyriss-ladder-of-inference/ [Accessed Nov 8, 2022].
- Deiorio N, Juve AM. Developing an academic coaching program. MedEdPublish. 2016 Dec 7;5(3):57. https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2016.000143
- Tang V, van Buuren A, Martimianakis MA (Tina). Evolving discourses of COVID-19 and implications for medical education: a critical discourse analysis. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.71675
- Woods R, Singh S, Thoma B et al. Validity evidence for the Quality of Assessment for Learning score: a quality metric for supervisor comments in Competency Based Medical Education. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.74860
- Alibhai K, Fowler A, Gawad N, Wood TJ, Raîche I. Assessment of laparoscopic skills: comparing the reliability of global rating and entrustability tools. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.72369
- Boshra M, Lee A, Kim I, Malek-Adamian E, Yau M, LaDonna K. When patients teach students empathy: a systematic review of interventions for promoting medical student empathy. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73058
- Azzi E, Seale E, Archibald D. Exploring resident perspectives on family medicine enhanced skills training. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.72657
- Ironside A, Thoma B, Trinder K, Bueckert S, Lee T, Domes T. The value of admissions characteristics for predicting the practice location of University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine graduates. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.74288
- Lu AD, Atkinson AR, Johnstone JC. Understanding the near-peer relationship: resident perspectives around a novel on-call workplace-based assessment. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73164
- Ventrella CR, Taifour T, Rendon L, Donovan AA. Five ways to get a grip on organizational logistics, backends, and workflows. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73818
- Mehta N, Sharfuddin N, Law M, Ginzburg A, Chugh S. Patient safety incident analysis in healthcare: a novel curricular session for medical students. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73327
- Boschee E, Walton J, Foulds J, Forbes K. Supporting the transition to senior pediatric resident: an interactive online resource. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73680
- Luo O, Wang H, Velauthapillai K, Walker C. An approach to implementing planetary health teaching in medical curricula. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75514
- Shuy YK, Punjabi LS. Caught and taught: a call to improve digital professionalism among medical students. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.74918
- Soleas E, Relke N, Fernandes RD, Braund H, Zevin B, Lui J. Going virtual advances justice in expected and unexpected ways. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75111
- Patel M, Greenwood J, Wier S, Goodman D. Banning conversion “therapy” in Canada: the expanding role of forensic psychiatry in advocacy training. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75477
- Rashid M, Forgie S. The Pediatric Percolator: a virtual meeting space where good ideas happen. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75214
- International Conference on Medical Education. Together again: a community redefining residency education: 2022 International Conference on Residency Education. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75806
- Winkler H, Winkler R. Graduate nurse. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75297
- Miao JH. “One heartbeat, one team”: a multidisciplinary team approach for treating patients and improving survival outcomes. Can Med Ed J 2022; 13(6). https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.75277