HSSA publishes the latest international research in the history of science in South Asia. Submissions to HSSA are peer-reviewed by senior professionals in the history of science.
HSSA publie les dernières recherches internationales sur l'histoire de la science en Asie du Sud. Les soumissions à HSSA sont évaluées par des pairs de professionnels chevronnés de l'histoire de la science.
Department of History & Classics
2-28 Tory Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton AB T6G 2H4
The journal is free to read online and no subscription is required.
Subscription to the journal website, if chosen, provides notification of news, announcements and new publications.
Editorial policy and ethics
Peer Review Process
- Articles submitted to HSSA are anonymized and sent to external peer-reviewers.
- At the editors' discretion, submissions may be internally peer-reviewed by the editorial board.
- Book reviews are peer-reviewed by members of the editorial board.
- External reviewers are chosen from internationally-renowned scholars with minimum university qualification to the PhD level in a subject related to the history of science and/or South Asian studies, and a record of publication in their own right.
Individual submissions go through peer-review. Accepted papers are copy-edited, typeset and published as soon as they are ready, being added to the "current" volume's Table of Contents.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public is the most effective way to support the growth of knowledge. Articles published in this journal qualify as Free Cultural Works.
Instruction pour les auteurs
Author guidelines are presented here:
Formatting instructions are presented here:
Special notes for LaTeX users are presented here:
- Dominik Wujastyk, University of Alberta, Canada
- Kim Plofker, Union College, Schenectady, USA
- Clemency Montelle, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Fabrizio Speziale, School of Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHSS), Paris, France
- Michio Yano, Kyoto Sangyo University, Kyoto, Japan
- Gudrun Bühnemann, University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA
- Anuj Misra, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Aditya Kolachana, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India
- Dagmar Wujastyk, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada