Download the article in PDF to read it.
- Paul, R. (1990). Open learning and open management, leadership and integrity in distance education. London: Kogan Page.
- Paul, R. (2015). Leadership under fire: The challenging role of the Canadian university president (2nd ed.). Montreal: McGill-Queens University Press.
- Paul, R. (2016). Open universities: A storied past but an uncertain future? (J. Xiao, Trans.). Distance Education in China, 11, 5-16. doi: 10.13541/j.cnki.chinade.2016.11.001 (In Chinese)
- Perry, W. (1976). Open university, a personal account. Milton Keynes: Open University Press.
- Tait, A. (2008a). What are open universities for? Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning, 23(2), 85-93. doi: 10.1080/02680510802051871
- Tait, A. (2008b). Leadership development for distance and e-learning. In T. Evans, M. Haughey, & D. Murphy (Eds.), International handbook of distance education (pp. 499-511). Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Tait, A. (2018). Open universities: The next phase. Asian Association of Open Universities Journal, 13(1), 13-23. doi: 10.1108/AAOUJ-12-2017-0040
- Weinbren, D. (2015). The open university, a history. Manchester: Manchester University Press.