Download the article in PDF to read it.
Patrick Nickleson is a doctoral candidate in musicology at the University of Toronto. His dissertation is funded by a SSHRC-CGS and focuses on minimalism, collective models of authorship, and the political-aesthetic thought of Jacques Rancière.
- Fink, Robert. 2005. Repeating Ourselves: American Minimal Music as Cultural Practice. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Gann, Kyle. 2004. “Academie d’Underrated: William Duckworth.” PostClassic: Kyle Gann on Music after the Fact. http://www.artsjournal.com/postclassic/2004/01/academie_dunderrated_william_d.html.
- Gann, Kyle. 2009. “Reconstructing November.” American Music 28 (4): 481–91.
- Johnson, Timothy A. 1994. “Minimalism: Aesthetic, Style, or Technique?” Musical Quarterly 78 (4): 742–73.
- Joseph, Branden W. 2008. Beyond the Dream Syndicate: Tony Conrad and the Arts after Cage. Boston: MIT Press.
- Mertens, Wim. 1983. American Minimal Music. London: Kahn & Averill.
- Potter, Keith. 2000. Four Musical Minimalists. London: Cambridge University Press.