Download the article in PDF to read it.
- Apple, M. (1970). Ideology and curriculum. Boston, MA: Routledge.
- Apple, M. (1993). Official knowledge: Democratic education in a conservative age. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Dewey, J. (1916). Democracy and education. New York, NY: The Free Press.
- Freire, P. (1970). Pedagogy of the oppressed (M.B. Ramos, Trans.). New York, NY: Penguin.
- Greene, M. (1988). The dialectic of freedom. New York, NY: Teachers College Press.
- Greene, M. (1998). Introduction: Teaching for social justice. In W. Ayers, J. A. Hunt, & T. Quinn (Eds.), Teaching for social justice (pp. xxvii-xlvi). New York, NY: Teachers College Press.