Intersections: Canadian Journal of Music / Intersections : revue canadienne de musique, formerly Canadian University Music Review / Revue de musique des universités canadiennes, a bilingual journal, was founded in 1980 by the Canadian University Music Society and is the principal Canadian outlet for refereed scholarly research.
The global aim of the journal is to publish research by scholars from around the world. Its particular mandate is to represent Canadian research to other Canadians, and thus to support awareness and interaction among Canadians interested in music research, as well as to represent Canadian research and Canadian music to the world.
The current focus of the journal is in large part upon the traditional fields of music scholarship and research, but studies in popular music and culture are playing a greater role in the journal’s output.
Guidelines for Authors
International Index to Music Periodicals
Canadian Music Periodical Index
Music Education Resource Base
Contact the journal
Phone: (416) 538-1650
No subscription is required to have access to this journal.
Back issues (23 issues)
Permanent archiving of articles on Érudit is provided by Portico.
French Editor : Ariane Couture
English Editor : Paul Sanden
French Review Editor : Eugenie Tessier
English Review Editor : Jamie Meyers-Riczu
- Sally Bick, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Lori Burns, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Pierre Albert Castanet, Université de Rouen/Conservatoire National Supérieur de musique et de danse, France
- Norma Coates, Western University, Ontario, Canada
- Nicolas Darbon, Aix-Marseille Université, France
- Monique Desroches, Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Alan Dodson, Mount Allison University, New Brunswick, Canada
- Francis Dubé, Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Robin Elliott, Jean A. Chalmers Chair of Canadian Music, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Annegret Fauser, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Karen Fournier, The University of Michigan, USA
- Serge Lacasse, Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Michael MacDonald, MacEwan University, Alberta, Canada
- Brian Power, Brock University, Ontario, Canada
- Sophie Stévance, Chaire de Recherche du Canada en Recherche-création en musique, Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Paul Woodford, Western University, Ontario, Canada