The Canadian Journal of Higher Education is an open-access publication of the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education and supports English or French manuscripts. The Journal's primary focus is publishing research-based manuscripts on topics that address, and are relevant to, the Canadian higher education system and its structures, processes, and diverse communities. The aim of the Journal is to promote Canadian-based and international comparative research relating directly to the Canadian higher education context.
Copyright and Redistribution
Copyright in the article is vested with the Author under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/ca/. Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Peer Review Process
In accordance with our procedures for double-blind peer review, submitted manuscripts will be distributed to 2-3 reviewers upon approval by the editorial team. Subject to finding suitable reviewers and their timely completion of reviews, the review process is estimated to take 4-6 months. For all articles that are subjected to a full review, the opinions of the reviewers will be transmitted to the author(s).
- Dr. Michelle Pidgeon, Simon Fraser University, Canada
Book Review Editor
- Walter Archer, Professor Emeritus University of Alberta
- Ashley Pullman, University of Ottawa
- Mme Amélie Groleau, McGill University
Correspondence and books for review can be directed to Dr. Walter Archer at:
- Office of the Dean, 845 Education South
- Faculty of Education, University of Alberta
- 11210 - 87 Ave
- Edmonton, AB T6G 2G5