Studies in Canadian Literature/Études en littérature canadienne (SCL/ÉLC) is a biannual, bilingual journal devoted to the study of Canadian literature in English and French, and published at the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton. SCL/ÉLC is peer-reviewed, and welcomes submissions on all aspects of Canadian literature.
The editor of SCL/ÉLC is Cynthia Sugars (email@example.com). The managing editor is Ian Letourneau (firstname.lastname@example.org). The journal has published continuously since 1975, when it was founded by Barrie Davies, Desmond Pacey, Roger Ploude, and Michael Taylor.
SCL/ÉLC is indexed in the Canadian Periodical Index, the MLA Index, and the American Humanities Index, and is available on-line in the Canadian Business and Current Affairs Database and in microform from Micromedia Inc. It is a member of the Canadian Association of Learned Journals and the Association of Canadian Studies.
Publication of the journal is made possible by grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, and the University of New Brunswick.
University of New Brunswick
University of New Brunswick 11 Garland Ct P.O. Box 4400 Fredericton NB Canada E3B 5A3
Phone: (506) 453-3501
Fax: (506) 453-5069
A subscription is required to have access to issues disseminated in the last 12 months of publication for this journal.
Institutional digital subscription: Institutions (library, documentation centre, school, etc.) have the possibility to subscribe to Érudit journals by title or by title package. For more information, we invite institutions to fill out our subscription form.
Individual digital subscription: individuals wanting to subscribe to the digital version of the journal are invited to communicate directly with the journal:
Phone: (506) 453-3501
Back issues (92 issues)
Editorial policy and ethics
The editors welcome submissions of scholarly articles on any aspect of Canadian literature as well as interviews with contemporary Canadian authors in whom there is an established academic interest. Submissions may be in English or French; articles should be between 6000 and 8000 words (including Notes and Works Cited), and interviews between 4500 and 7000 words.
Submissions are blind-vetted; please ensure that there is no information identifying the author anywhere on the manuscript (including Notes, Acknowledgements, etc.).
References for English-language articles must conform to the MLA Handbook, 8th edition. Articles in French should conform to Le guide du rédacteur (du Bureau de la traduction, 2 éd., Ottawa, 1996).Prospective contributors are encouraged to consult the SCL/ÉLC Style Guide for further details of style and formatting requirements in English or French.
Information for contributors
Please go to https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/SCL/about/submissions#authorGuidelines for information on submitting to Studies in Canadian Literature / Études en litérature canadienne.
Editors: Cynthia Sugars (University of Ottawa)
Associate Editors: John Clement Ball (University of New Brunswick), Tavleen Purewal (University of New Brunswick), and Chantal Richard (Université du Nouveau-Brunswick)
Managing Editor: Ian Letourneau
Editorial Assistants: Dallas Harrison, Réjean Ouellette, Michael Pharand,
Administrative Assistant: Kelsey Hovey
Design and Layout: Emily Skov-Nielsen
- Jordan Abel, University of Alberta
- Guy Beauregard, National Taiwan University
- Jennifer Blair, University of Ottawa
- Nicholas Bradley, University of Victoria
- Alison Calder, University of Manitoba
- Lily Cho, York University
- Daniel Coleman, McMaster University
- Michelle Coupal, University of New Brunswick
- David Creelman, University of New Brunswick
- Eva Darias-Beautell, Universidad de La Laguna
- Adam Dickinson, Brock University
- Alan Filewod, University of Guelph
- Danielle Fuller, University of Alberta
- Thomas Gerry, Laurentian University
- Helen Gilbert, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sherrill Grace, University of British Columbia
- Faye Hammill, University of Glasgow
- Camille Isaacs, OCAD University
- Douglas Ivison, Lakehead University
- Smaro Kamboureli, University of Toronto
- Christine Kim, University of British Columbia
- Susan Knutson, Université Sainte-Anne
- Sophie McCall, Simon Fraser University
- Jean Morency, Université de Moncton
- Laura Moss, University of British Columbia
- Mariam Pirbhai, Wilfred Laurier University
- Norman Ravvin, Concordia University</em
- Deanna Reder, Simon Fraser University
- Christian Riegel, University of Regina
- Candida Rifkind, University of Winnipeg
- Gillian Roberts, University of Nottingham
- Wendy Roy, University of Saskatchewan
- Chantal Savoie, Université du Québec à Montréal
- Winfried Siemerling, University of Waterloo
- Heather Snell, University of Winnipeg
- Nora Foster Stovel, University of Alberta
- Kathleen Venema, University of Winnipeg
- Karina Vernon, University of Toronto